PATENT DESIGN AROUND
- CONCEPT ABOUT PATENT DESIGN AROUND
“ Patent design around ” means to invent competitive alternatives that design around the original patent by which may not infringe the patent. A patent is granted by the Patent Office providing with monopoly rights to inventors in exchange for disclosing technical features as to how to make and use their inventions. Normally it is often possible for someone who wants to invent in the same technical field by utilizing the original patent as a guide for developing an alternative that does not infringe the original patent.
– Find out what is the subject of the patent to design around.
- Ensure if any legal ethic issue may involve in the new design around case against previous cases.
- Find out with client about why and what to design around.
- Determine what are the basic functions required for what is about to design around.
- Evaluate what will be the possibility to have the design around case done with sufficient inventive steps.
- Sign a contract with client to formally accept the design around case